(Getting to the end — thank you so much for putting up with these January in Duluth encroachments in this wonderful space.)
Last day of January and I have a few sackfuls of questions with incomplete/partial answers. With time running out, maybe you can give me a few hints on my homework? Below, I’ve boiled down a list of [A] v. [B]s, isolating dichotomies about life here in Duluth — if you have a few extra intro/outrospective minutes to kill today, I’d love to hear how you’d weigh in on any or all of these. Of course, in each matchup there’s no need to declare a clearcut winner (balance in all things), so your answers can take the form of one word or a phrase or a few thoughts or an essay if you’re exceptionally motivated:
(1) Isolation v. Community.
(2) Passion v. Responsibility.
(3) Nostalgia v. Trailblazing.
(4) Cynicism v. Optimism.
(5) Underdog Mindset v. Inferiority Complex.
(6) Willing Confrontation v. Passive Aggression.
(7) Coffee v. Beer.
(8) East v. West? How deep is the division?
(9) “Come enjoy our wonderful city!” v. “Stay the hell out.”
(10) If Duluth were un-propered into a regular vocabulary word, “duluth,” what part of speech would it be (to duluth, a duluth day, look at that duluth) and what would its definition be?
You may also like:
Leave a Comment
Only registered members can post a comment , Login / Register Here