How much longer will these records stand?

It seems like it’s high time somebody broke the pancake and french toast records at Uncle Loui’s. But who could manage such a feat … without blowing a hole in his or her innards, I mean? Will they stand forever and have to be “retired” as I believe the previous, pre-fire, records were?

Uncle Loui's Pancake and French toast eating records

ironic1

Saw those on Tuesday morning and found the idea of eating more than two pancakes somewhat unsettling. The record is safe as far as I'm concerned.

jessige

Sounds like a job for a football team...maybe like an O-line meeting.

ElPete

Sounds like a job for Man vs. Food. There are a couple other big food eating challenges around here. Someone mentioned Hugo's Pizza. They have some big food offerings there too.

Jadiaz

Big Daddy's Burgers was up to like 5lbs of meat and fries in an hour last time I was there. Could be more as they up the challenge each time it's broken.

edgeways

So, I've wondered, why is Hugo's Pizza called Hugo's Pizza II? Did there used to be another one? Is this the second location?

This is pure speculation, but there's a Hugo's Pizza in Ashland, and I always assumed the one in Gary is the second location. Related: Is there still a Central Sales II in Two Harbors?

Beverly

I can't read it. Is that 7 pancakes? Are they super big or something? What's the French toast record?

Beverly

OK, click on the photo and it gets bigger. SO, 17 French toast sounds like a lot, but 7 pancakes? That doesn't sound like much. Am I naive about pancakes?

I'm guessing the pancakes are the diameter of a dinner plate. You should go there and try to break the record, Beverly.

in.dog.neato

I've been known to be able to pack away generous quantities of food, but even I'll admit that three of Loui's cakes are almost a bit too much.

wildgoose

Yeah, they are as big around as a plate, but how thick would you say? Half an inch? Quarter inch? They're thick.

Lithis

The new Oriental House says Oriental House II. Is there an Oriental House I? For a while, I wondered where the first Zinema was, until I realized that that was the same as wondering where the other nine Lakes theaters were.

in.dog.neato

Yeah, a good half inch. Buttermilk. Lots of eggs. Clabber girl to the max. Where's Man vs. Food when we need him?

Mary

I've never been able to eat more than one pancake at a time at Uncle Loui's. I think I'd explode if I tried for two. To continue the pizza digression: I've never heard of a connection between the Hugo's in Ashland and the Hugo's in Gary, but I'll try to remember to ask next time I'm in the Ashland one. It's certainly possible!

Jadiaz

The Hugos connection is that the same family owns them. I had a buddy who worked there making the pizzas. People ask that of the place a lot because of the fact that so few people have heard about the Ashland one.